Thursday, October 16, 2008

Converting PDF to Doc

A few hours earlier, I encountered a dictation which required me to convert a document from PDF to an MS Word compatible format.  At first, I thought, "piece of cake" with the PDFs being so common and all....  I thought wrong. 

First, I installed a PDF to Doc conversion software (free of course) but the tables in the document were not preserved.  Then, after a few minutes of googling, I chanced upon this cool article here.  It pitted different PDF conversion  services/program and laid out the pros and cons.  I found it to be very helpful and informative, unfortunately, after trying each of the services/programs mentioned, the tables still came out wrong.

I ended up building the entire thing from scratch :( But maybe it's just because my document had lots of tables to begin with.  

Hope this'd be able to help someone who'll be in the same predicament in the future.



Happy transcribing.

No comments: