Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Rig

I always get emails asking me about my set-up for my home-based work, and i usually tell them that PC running on P4 with at least 512mb of RAM should be enough. What's important is that you can run a web browser, Word, IMs, ExpressScribe and maybe even a PDF viewer all at the same time.

For those who insist on knowing the set-up that i prefer, here it is:

  • Core2 Duo-powered PC with 4g of RAM and 1g NVIDIA 9800 for video.
  • A 19-inch widescreen LCD (which i'm planning to upgrade to 22 in some time) the bigger LCD is very helpful as i'm able to have everything in front of me (research materials) at the same time without the need to toggle in between windows.
  • The PinoyTranscription 1-step foot pedal (of course!)
  • Logitech Premium USB headset (i love the case ^_^)
  • Logitech Illuminated Keyboard (I could type all day!)
  • Seagate Free Agent Go. (I save my work here so in case of power failures, i could easily switch to my backup PC).
  • HP Mini upgraded to 2g of RAM(My back up PC, just make sure it's always fully charged though!)
  • UPS (in case of power failure, the extra time you'll get to save your work makes it all worth it)
  • 3MBPS PLDT DSL Connection
  • I have both SmartBro and Globe Tattoo prepaid kits as back up.
  • A couple of back up headsets.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

3mbps?! wow big time sir!

Ivy said...

This is very helpful. Thanks, Erwin for posting and sharing this topic with us. :-)

Ryan said...

ang lupit ng rig mo erwin ah... ang matindi jan eh ung UPS... hahaha

erwin said...

Hahahahaha Yan ang nagpapalupet jan haha