Friday, December 19, 2008

My rig

I finally got the time to upgrade my desktop and my portable's RAM.  Each only had 1g of RAM out of the box and i've been having problems with multitasking.  Praise the heavens for Moore's Law and the prices finally dropped to more reasonable levels.  I updated the desktop to 4g and the portable to 2g (which is the about the maximum level the systems would allow).

I also got myself a spanking new Nikon D60.  :)  I had long considered the D40 because of the price, but when the D60's price finally came down to about $80-ish range on top of the D40, the VR lens started to look tempting, it's like a D60 with all the bells and whistles.  Perfect for a newbie photographer like me.  For now,I'm only using the Auto and presets, a little more time and I should be able to fiddle with the manual settings (I already got a CPL, a UV and a Close up filter) couldn't wait to try them on my up and coming trip to Liliw and to Enchanted Kingdom (a long overdue promise to my Princess)

I've already posted a few pics on Flickr and these machines really do live up to the expectations of taking wicked pictures right out of the box.

On the transcriptions side, work is starting to slow down in lieu of the holidays, but things should pick up again early next year for the year-end reports.  Hope I'd be able to jack up my photography skills by then. :P  Pedal orders are still quite steady though, so I could also keep myself busy by building up my stock. 

Happy Holidays everyone!  And thanks for dropping by!

Rock and roll!



No comments: